Saturday 31 July 2010

When in doubt, eat cake!

So in approximately 13 and a half hours i'll be on my way down south! I've been saying goodbye to my nearest and dearest, it's been awful, probably the hardest thing i've ever done but thing's are only going to go up from hereon in.

So no outfit photos today, i've been more concerned with packing all my clothes the past few days rather than wearing them!

I have however been baking up a storm! Blueberry muffins last week and two lemon drizzle cake's this week. Two?! I hear you ask, yes two because the first didn't even last a day. Not to blow my own trumpet or anything but this is the most amazing cake i've ever tasted. Marks and Spencer's has nothing on me!

I found the recipe on a baking blog but tweaked it just a touch. I added cinnamon to the flour, the juice of half a lemon and a teaspoon on vanilla essence to the mix and the juice of one and a half lemons to the drizzle rather than one. I also found that 100g of sugar was too much for the drizzle so I lowered it to 75g.


2 comments: