Wednesday 7 July 2010

Out with the old in with the... Errr... Old.

As I previously said i've been trying to sort out all my possessions in preparation for moving. I discovered The Rag and Phone Man who come to collect and recycle your old clothes, sheets, soft toys in exchange for 50p per kg, they also take old mobile phones working or not.

So i've sorted out about 7 big black bin bags full for them to collect. But as I was going through my old clothes being very ruthless and feeling proud of myself for giving away my miss sixty jeans that I loved but because they have an irreparable rip and have been hanging in my wardrobe for the past two years I decided now was the time to say goodbye, it was easier than I thought. I came across my Abercrombie and Fitch Emma boot jeans which were the most amazing pair of jeans I have ever seen, they fitted perfectly but I wore them to death and the bottom of the legs did that horrible fraying thing that jeans a tad too long have a habit of doing. I was just about to throw them into one of the bags for the rag and phone man when I had the ingenious idea of turning my old favourite pair of jeans into my new favourite pair of shorts, so that's exactly what I did.


I did feel a little bit like I looked like I was off to a festival this day rather than going to my nephew's first sports day but I was comfortable and felt good that i'd not had to get rid of these jeans completely, just the knee downwards. I wore my "new" shorts with £3 sand shoes from Primark and a jumper that was on sale from Peacocks. The last one and it was in my size, would have been rude not to!

To accessorise I wore a cameo necklace and some little anchor stud earrings from Topshop and a thrifted satchel bag which only cost £3.50, as soon as I saw it I needed it and doesn't it make you feel good to find something amazing in one of those shops that costs so little!


No comments:

Post a Comment