Tuesday 25 January 2011

Soap and Glory - Night Cream in Shining Armour


It came to my attention recently that night cream is not just something grandma's use (think Pond's cold cream) or even something that as I once believed is utterly useless and a way for companies to get more money out of gullible women who are terrified of getting and looking older.

No night cream has become this girls new best friend. Yes I may only be 22 and i'm not too worried about wrinkles at the minute but I can honestly say after only a week using my new Soap and Glory night cream, that my skin has never looked or felt better.

Let me explain, I don't usually buy into miracle creams, lotions and potions, I always thought that my skin surely isn't meant to be slathered in all of these things, apart from a slick of moisturiser on a morning it's pretty much left to its own devices. I thought these little dry patches are just what my skin is meant to be like, blaming it on water, weather, all sorts. What I didn't realise was that my poor face was screaming out for a good long drink!

So I'd read articles and blog posts about night cream lately and thought, hmm, I don't want to get to 42, looking 62 just because i've gone against the crowd and not used night cream. So off I popped to Boots, got a bit confused by the 101 different brands and eventually settled on Soap and Glory's Night Cream in Shining Armour. (I'm a sucker for pretty packaging and a clever name)

I must admit being the total shop-a-holic and materialistic person that I am (I admit it at least! I like stuff. Stuff and things!) I was excited to try out my new purchase and couldn't wait for the time to come when I could remove my make-up, apply my night cream and settle down with a good book. (Coco Chanel by Axel Madsen if you're interested)

The first thing I have to say is this cream smells divine! Well would you expect anything less from Soap and Glory? It's a relaxing, bedtime kind of a smell, one that makes you feel all warm and snug under the covers.

Secondly, the texture is beautiful. Not too heavy or greasy in any way so I didn't feel I was going to wake up with an oil slick on my pillow.

And finally, but most importantly, my skin is extremely grateful for giving it the gift of night cream, and it's rewarded me with no dry patches, no oily patches, no redness, no uneven skin tone or texture, this is what my skin has needed all this time, I need to listen to it more closely in future. It's the best £14 i've ever spent and I think it's safe to say I <3 night cream and will never dehydrate my skin again!

No comments:

Post a Comment