Thursday 10 February 2011

Jack-of-all-trades


One thing I really hate, and I’m sure some, if not most of you do too is being put on the spot by a question, my mind doesn’t just seem to be able to come up with an answer just like that, I like to have time to digest the question and really think about my answer. Even simple things like giving directions or what’s your favourite film? My mind goes Errrrrmm if I’m not given time to think.

So here’s the latest one: “What is your passion?” I’ve been struggling with this question for about three days now, like I said my mind doesn’t come up with answers immediately, I’d be terrible on a quiz show!

The truth is, I tend to think - sad as this may seem - that I don’t have a passion. There was not one thing that came to mind that I could think to talk about in relation to passions. Don’t get me wrong, I have lots of interests and will say that I ‘Love’ a lot of things but a passion? For me that’s just too strong a word.

For example I am a huge Beatles fan, massive in fact but I’m also a huge Bob Dylan fan and a huge Tom Petty fan, it’s not purely Beatles, Beatles, Beatles. Surely if it was then that would be my passion.

I love vintage clothes, but I don’t only wear vintage clothes like some others do, so I couldn’t really say that was my passion like it is for some bloggers such as Jeni at Yesterday Girl or Fleur at Diary of a Vintage Girl.

I could go on and on with a list of everything that I love and then a reason why I wouldn’t class it as a passion, but I won’t. I’ll just say, that even though I don’t have one answer to this particular question, I think I’m lucky. I may not have a passion but I have hundreds of things that I love and am really interested in.

My interests are multi dimensional, and I know quite a lot about each one. I always have something new to look at or read or watch, life’s less boring that way and I quite like being a Jack-of-all-trades rather than a master of just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment